8th February 2019
The Ancient Tree Forum is seeking its first Chief Executive
The Ancient Tree Forum is seeking someone with the right blend of skills, experience and enthusiasm to become our first Chief Executive Officer.
- Job title: Chief Executive Officer
- Salary: £40,000-£50,000 full time equivalent, plus 3% pension contribution
- Working Hours: 3 days (22.5 hours)
- Contract: Fixed two years or permanent subject to successful fundraising
- Location: Home working with in travel within the UK
The Ancient Tree Forum (ATF) has pioneered the conservation of ancient trees for over 20 years, and is the only UK organisation focused solely on ancient and other veteran trees. We believe there should be no further avoidable loss of these trees through development pressure, agricultural clearance, mismanagement or poor practice.
We have worked with many partners over the years, and some of our key achievements have included:
- Being a key partner in the Veteran Trees Initiative between 1996 and 2000, which raised the profile of ancient trees and the need for their conservation.
- Producing or contributing to three books on ancient tree management
- Being a key partner in VETree between 2012 and 2014 – a European-funded project which has resulted in the production of resources and training courses being cascaded across Europe as well as the UK.
- Delivering the Ancient Tree Hunt in partnership with the Woodland Trust, a project which has involved the public in identifying, mapping and recording ancient, veteran and notable trees across the UK, to create a nationally significant resource.
- Influencing legislation and policies from UK devolved governments and the European Union impacting on ancient trees, resulting in their better recognition and protection.
The Ancient Tree Forum is seeking its first Chief Executive who will:
- Have a demonstrable interest in the environment and / or the natural world that will make them a credible spokesperson for the charity
- Be an influential and persuasive leader with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build an active network of contacts and a proven ability to influence and engage people and organisations
- Engage with donors and partner bodies, including other charities, trusts & foundations, corporate sponsors and other relevant organisations
- Be operationally effective and a respected manager, setting the highest standards and empowering the staff team to deliver work of the highest quality
The Chief Executive will promote and sustain the ATF as a major force in its field:
- Ensuring it raises the funds it needs
- Taking direct responsibility for the effective delivery of its strategy and objectives
- Building and then overseeing a sustainable operational team to achieve those outcomes
If you would like to receive an information pack for this role, with full details of how to apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jenny Hills on 0207 820 7323 or click on the link below:
Closing date for applications: Monday 25th February 2019