Tuesday 22nd May 2018
ATF Wessex visit to Leigh Woods (Bristol)
Location: Leigh Woods
Join the ATF Wessex on a walk around Leigh Woods (Bristol) on Tuesday 22 May 2018, 10am-3pm. Leigh Woods are owned by the Forestry Commission and the National Trust. The site encompasses semi ancient natural woodland, historic wood-pasture, a scheduled monument, PAWS, ancient coppice and a Grade 2 listed park and garden. The site contains over 500 veteran trees, many of which are lapsed pollards.
Join our staff to discover the history and management of both sides of the site.
- Booking is essential – so if you would like to attend please use the booking form below.
- The event runs from 10am – 3pm (with an optional extra visit at the end to Paradise Bottom).
- Please bring your own packed lunch/refreshments.
- Wear suitable outdoor clothing and footwear.
- Dogs under control are welcome.
Places are limited and must be booked in advance.
To book your place, please click the ‘Book now’ button below. Once the meeting becomes full we will update the website with information about a reserve list.
Please Contact Us Here if you have any queries regarding booking, but please note that although this email is regularly checked, there may be a slight delay in responding.