Thursday 8th November 2018
ATF London returns to Hampstead Heath!
Location: Hampstead Heath - Golders Hill Park, West Heath Avenue, London NW11 7QP
Our apologies this event is now FULL. Please contact us here if you would like to go on the reserve list, please use the ‘Bookings’ dropdown option.
Managed by the City of London Corporation, Hampstead Heath hosts a large population of over 400 veteran trees just north of central London.
The guided walk will be led by Tree Management Officer, David Humphries, and will cover topics such as veteran tree management in high use areas, issues from compaction and construction, the impact of invasive pests & diseases, historic landscape pressures, the wider fungal and saproxylic ecology on the Heath and succession & veterans for the future.
- Booking is essential – so if you would like to attend please use the booking form below
- There is a cafe on site, please bring a packed lunch if needed
- There are toilets on site
- THERE IS NO CAR PARK, the nearest tube station is Golders Green on the Northern Line – 15 min walk or Bus Route No 13 from central London
- Arrive for 11am start, the walk will last approximately 3 hours
- Dogs must be on leads while in Golder’s Hill Park, and under control for the rest of the walk.
- Please check the weather and wear suitable outdoor clothing and footwear.
Meet at the Bandstand Oak in Golders Hill Park
This event is now full. Please contact us here if you would like to go on the Reserve list, please use the ‘Bookings’ dropdown option.
Places are limited and must be booked in advance.
To book your place, please click the ‘Book now’ button below. Once the meeting becomes full, we will update the website with information about a reserve list.
Please Contact Us Here if you have any queries regarding booking, but please note that although this email is regularly checked, there may be a slight delay in responding.
The ATF uses photographs for publicity including on our website, please Contact Us Here if you do NOT want to appear in any such photographs.